15 July, 2010

Day 50 of the Spill in My Heart

This is the largest disaster that I've ever experienced. The financial burden is considerable. I'm shuffling money around,trying to organize the cleanup. It's tough, but I'm making it happen. The tried and true industries of the past are out of commission. Innovation seems to be keeping the area alive, but alive isn't living. The folks battling the leak are a continual source of strength. Amongst the tragedy exist the odd moments of unexpected joy. They are priceless.
The hole in my heart, like the leak in The Gulf seems to resist all efforts to plug the leak. Sadly, as in BP's leak, the spew went almost unnoticed and unaddressed for too long at the beginning. When the dangers of the problem became apparent, I, like Obama, BP, and Republicans did a lot of anxious whirling. Sadly, nothing seemed to help. My tension rose, like that of the US. As vacationers flocked to new spots not on The Gulf of Mexico, I went to new places. While some were interesting. they hold no candle to where I was before.
My brain, the "CEO" which got me into this situation, is suspect. The trouble is, that he's saying that he'd "like his life back," and, that's the truth. Unfortunately, there's a #$@%ing hole in my heart and no machinery imaginable to plug it up. Capping that difficulty, the damage from the leak has damaged the fragile environment of my precious world. How can I repair that?

No comments: